Title: Training Associate
Department: National Coalition Institute -Training, Technical Assistance & Outreach Department (TTAO)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Training
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 500 Montgomery Street, Suite 400, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Training Associate will assist with the day-to-day support and administrative functions required to ensure and maintain a standard of excellence for a comprehensive national training delivery system. The associate will provide logistical support in facilitating intensive, comprehensive training and technical assistance for substance misuse prevention community coalitions across the country. This role requires strong communication, writing, editing, and publication design skills.
Specific Duties will include:
- Assist in in the planning and coordination of Institute sponsored National Coalition Academy (NCA) (5-8 academy sites per year), as well as support other additional customized NCAs (1-5 sites)
- Provide customer service (registration, training logistics and workstation technical assistance) for up to 500 participants
- Responsible for all logistics with training materials, customers and vendors
- Support curriculum and training materials development
- Coordinate a wide array of training support activities for the department
- Serve as a liaison with other departments in the administration of day-to-day training support operations
- Manage and maintain NCA databases and assist with the creation of required training reports
- Serve as a liaison with the Learning Management System (LMS) providers, manage and maintain LMS content
- Plan and coordinate NCA Graduation
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Superb organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Intermediate skills in working with a variety of software including, but not limited to MS Office Suite; SharePoint; publishing software’s; and survey development tools.
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of public health, community coalition, substance misuse, and/or related issues is a plus
- Experience working within a coalition
Anticipated amount of travel: Less than 5%
Please send an introductory e-mail and resume to:
Email: email@example.com with "CADCA Training Associate" in the subject line.
Submissions without an intro will not be considered for review.