Membership Sales Associate
Title: Membership Sales Associate
Department: Business Development and Membership
Reports To: Senior Membership and Online Community Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with membership manager to develop and maintain a sales strategy to recruit new members and retain current members.
- Make sales calls/emails and retention calls/emails to attract new members and retain current members.
- Mail invoices and input membership dues payments into database.
- Support membership manager in database management and maintaining integrity of member data, including organization of member information, renewal invoicing and new member processing.
- Provide primary accountability for efficient and accurate entry and upkeep of member data including organizational rosters, cleaning duplicates, and new data entry.
- Work on building a pipeline for new members and strategize on conferences and events to attend in order to build pipeline.
- Report membership statistics to staff and BDAM team periodically and as requested.
- Serve as a primary customer service representative for CADCA Members.
- Gather suggestions for member benefits and ways to implement those benefits.
- Manage online membership store
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve the membership department, make modifications to strategies as needed and modify operational policies and procedures as necessary.
- Work closely with Business Development & Membership team on growth plan, overlapping projects and revenue goals.
- Assist Vice President of Business Development and Membership as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to average 50-100 calls per week to new members, current members, and prospective members.
- Ability to answer an average of 10-20 emails per week from new members, current members, and prospective members.
- Ability to travel up to 15-20%.
- Competence in all MS Office tools and database management experience is required.
- Knowledge of membership association management tools, particularly Avectra netForum is a strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to supporting a mission-driven membership base and help build drug-free communities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years of work experience required. Sales experience preferred.
8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with MEMBERSHIP SALES ASSOCIATE in the subject line.